View Single Post
Old 22-08-2020, 04:34   #915
NORTHERNSOUL

Re: Bits & Bobs

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1243650]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
TOUGH

What i find distastefull is 96 people died, every single report found the club culpable to a greater or lesser extent.

think most people do. however i did not follow the case all that closely but never heard about sheffield wednesday being blamed from liverpool fans i did hear from. it was the police and their running of the situation and that seems about it. honestly, have you a thing about everything associated with sheffield wednesday from fans down to the tea lady.
No not at all

But to put it into perspective Macclesfield effectively ejected from the league for paying a few grand in wages a few weeks late Sheffield Wednesday ignore dozens of recomendations with regards to the safety of Hillsborough killing 96 people and they get a slap on the wrist.

They had been told at the start of the previous 3 seasons that they had to leave the perimiter gates open as their evacuation plan at both the Leppings lane and Kop contained reference to onto the pitch being part of that plan when they claimed that would compromise stadium security they had been told to position a steward eqpt with a set of bolt cutters at every gate in the fence on the day of the disaster not only were there no specific exit gate stewards it took them over 30 minutes to find a single pair of bolt cutters.

At the time 3 members of staff/directors of SWFC were involved with various committees etc of the Football League/FA.

All this is documented in the Scrafton report which led to the prosecution of the ground commander and the swfc club secretary Graham Mackrell but when it came to Wednesday and various other bodies who failed on that day [ South Yorkshire Ambulance being one ] their culpability was just swept under the table.

As i say the previous disaster on that scale at a football ground resulted in 3 sides of Ibrox being bulldozed in circumstance where they were no where near as culpable as SWFC.

Its always amazed me that the hillsborough families didnt go after the various corporate bodies as they could have funded the rest of their action by just getting the first one to cough up meaning they could have had justice a damm site quicker than they did.

But if you take the time to read the Hillsborough [ Scrafton ] report its an absolute literney of failure, culpability and injustice but what stands out a mile is the part that Sheffield Wednesday played in that.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote