Thread: 2020/21 Squad
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 12:02   #140
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: 2020/21 Squad

The Squad seems to be building nicely but I agree that we need another goalkeeper yet. Some of the new signings look to have great potential but some of them haven’t played that many games in recent seasons....... and I mean before the Lockdown closure stopped all players from participating in matches. However, I am confident that our management team will get them all fully match fit and then we should see more clearly which of them are going to realise their potential. Once again, we have a really interesting few months ahead with some unanswered questions and a relatively new team to develop together and to build a real team ethic which Stanley is well known for. I am fascinated by the prospect of which players will develop into our star players and which ones fall away.....? I am really hopeful that with the balance of ages and physical stature in the squad that we will do well this season.
Just one other point regarding the pitch at The Wham Stadium.....This long ‘close season’, that we have had, is the first for a few years where the pitch has not been resurfaced and reseeded. So the grass should have really consolidated a deeper and more resilient root system. So our team should be able to play our preferred passing game throughout the whole season.
Really looking forward to getting back into the stadium and cheering our team on!
ON STANLEY ON
COME ON YOU REDS

Last edited by choirboy; 04-09-2020 at 12:04.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote