View Single Post
Old 18-09-2020, 21:59   #14
NORTHERNSOUL

Re: Another one bites the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
in theory you are correct however does that just gives dodgy sharklike owners just another get out clause. the FA will stump up the money then i,ll pay later again. its just back to owners again that should not be miles near of football club never mind owning one. take stanley out of the equasion, clubs in lower leagues have always really lived more or less hand to mouth. however they just rolled on with more or less owned and run by local businessmen. your point about the money in the game is correct. however it aint the fault of spurs and others that macc have gone bust. if they did put a levy on the premier league to bale clubs out then these clubs again could really take advantage of the situation.
Yes but youre missing the main point which maye i didnt make too clear and any financial help given to a club would be totally dependant on the guilty owner tearing up his ownership and rights to any assets. That way you.ll soon find out which of them are in it for the love of the club and which would see the club go bust and be wound up [ in which case they would lose everything anyway ] rather than take a financial hit [ which in theory if set up right in the first place most would be able to negate by being the owner of a company that went bust ]

But i imagine whats come out today about him taking the **** with the 20k offer to HMRC when he clearly had 1.2 million sat in the bank really would have peed the judge off no end and i.d say if hed offered 200k instead hed probrably have got a deal and still had a club to sell [ there were apparently 3 different possible purchasers but none of them had done enough due dilligence for the judge to consider their offers in any way viable. ] But if Abdul gives himself a good shake he could still hand the club over to one of them and they could then do a deal with the judge effectively getting them the club for a bit less than 500k.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote