View Single Post
Old 29-09-2020, 16:10   #1
Chimer
Senior Member+

Prediction League - You've got to be in it to win IT - and IT is a 21/22 Season Ticke

Prediction League now comes with a Season Ticket prize

Yes indeedy, thanks to the insane generosity of an Accyweb member who wishes to remain anonymous, we are able to offer a Season Ticket for next season (when surely you will be able to use it) as the prize for the winner of this season's Prediction League.

And thanks to Stanley's somewhat disappointing results over the last two weekends , nobody who has been playing from the start has more than 8 points in the bank. And as you can score 5 points for every game, that's a minor deficit for someone with skill and perception (not to mention luck ) to make up, so get your predictions in for the Wombles game when Div3North posts the thread for that match some time in the next day or two.

The rules: stick a post on Div3North's thread (not this thread) when it appears, giving your predicted score. Giving Stanley's score first, home or away, makes it less likely your scorer (me) will record it wrongly. If you predict the result (i.e. win, lose or draw) correctly, you get 3 points. You also get a bonus point for each individual team's score you get right. So someone predicting Stanley 1 Oxford 4 last Saturday would have got 5 points . Stanley 1 Oxford 2, or Stanley 3 Oxford 4, would have got 4. Stanley 0 Oxford 1, the bare 3 points.

You can still get one bonus point for a score even if you get the result wrong. Stanley 1 Oxford 0, Stanley 5 Oxford 4, Stanley 1 Oxford 1, Stanley 4 Oxford 4 would all have produced one point.

Your prediction must be posted no later than the planned kick-off time. Your post is time-stamped, and that's the time that counts. We have occasionally been generous in interpreting this rule in the past, but with a prize on the line we'll have to be completely strict from now on.

And for the avoidance of doubt, it wasn't me putting my hand in my pocket , and it wasn't him either .

So let's be 'avin yer, as Delia once said ..... On Stanley On!!