View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 10:00   #12
landhusweg

Re: Looking for Andreas Swaijick

Hi there everyone,
Thank you all for the latest replies to my enquiry about Andreas Swaijick. Instead of answering all the questions that you have written, I would like to give you here some information:
- The years concerning Bob Bannisters Gym were between 1959 and 1965
- The gym then was his first and situated on Bridge street behind the Commercial hotel. The entrance was between a Working men’s club (think the Central, but not sure) and Halkirk’s sewing machines shop.
- At first, I started wrestling with my own name of Phil Kenyon, but then changed to Mike Agusta (sometimes Mike Augusta).
- I wrestled all over the North of England in Particular at the Floral Hall in Morecambe, but never at King Georges Hall Blackburn, as this was “Joint Promotions” territory, who had only wrestlers who were on contract to them.
- I left the UK in 1967 and have been here in Switzerland ever since, so what ever happened after this I’m not sure.
- The difficulties entailed by looking up details of Andreas, are the many different spellings he used when he was wrestling, I think about 10, hence my query on the Accrington Web.
Ferret man, you mentioned Son Steven and Daughter Susan, I must admit that for a few reasons I’m not with this “Facebook” thing and probably never will be. Do you by chance have any information on the two of them such as: E-Mail / telephone /, or even just a simple address?

Thank you all again for the responses received, which has helped somewhat.

Cheers

Phil
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote