Thread: Swindon thread
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2020, 20:08   #33
The Red Darreners

Re: Swindon thread

Originally Posted by The Red Darreners

Michael Nottingham brings far, far more to the party than simply being an excellent defender. I have longed to see someone in the team with a decent long throw - Ogle when he's played has shown it's a useful weapon - but beyond that I think he's been a superb addition all over the park. Also pleased to see Savin back - he's done nothing whatsoever to warrant losing the shirt - and he read every potential threat today with confidence and imagination. Baxter is superb also but from remarks in commentary on Tuesday night he seems to be a model pro who takes the manager's decision in absolutely the right spirit - he will get his chance in due course....

I also thought Seamus had a great game today - he broke up the Cobblers' possession on countless occasions whilst Pritchard with improves every match. There were many others I could mention...

I was hugely impressed by the spirit and energy today - having caught the bloody virus myself three weeks ago I'm still shattered a lot of the time - and if 19 of the boys had it recovery time among them will vary massively. In short I thought we were far superior today against a side not short of decent, experienced League 1 pros who were made to look average at best. Keith Curle wore an expression of utter bewilderment at the final whistle - and it wasn't just because of the limited skills of the referee.

John, John and Jimmy seem to have done it again - created a formidable team overnight from dust. Their effort and attitude is exemplary. At times Mrs Darrener and I have to pinch ourselves. Some folk need to start to realise how blessed we are to support this extraordinary club, not least at times like these...."

I refer my honourable friends to the remarks I shared after the Cobblers game.
A masterclass. Conneelly and Charles outstanding again. Savin's magnificent early save a catalyst that's easy to forget. One of the best performances I've ever witnessed from a Stanley team. Another manager left with a perplexed look.....

Forget lockdown - Christmas has come early to this part of East Lancs......
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote