Thread: help
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 12:17   #1
Exile on Spencer St
God Member

help

Don't know if anyone can help on here. I've sent various messages to the Administrator but not had any replies. But the problem I have may be the reason why.

When I joined the Accyweb in 2009 I was in work and didn't have a computer at home so (naughty, naughty) used my work email address.
With that original set up address I was able to access the site when I picked up an old laptop for home use, and also carried it on when I got an iPad.

Recently, the iPad crashed (on the first day of this last lockdown ) but, when I finally got it back, I'd lost my connection to the Accyweb.
This old laptop I'm using now is getting more and more unstable, I suspect it will just collapse one day soon, so I prefer to use the iPad day to day.

The problem is this: I can't change my password because when I put in my current email address, it says it cannot be recognised. That's because the Accyweb is still recognising my previous work email which, since I retired, is now no longer functioning.

As I say, I've contacted the Administrator, explaining as best I can, but if he/she tries to contact me on my 'registered' (work) email, there'll be no reply because (like me at work) it's history.

Does anyone have any suggestions, other than I rejoin the Accyweb with a totally different user name and password? I suppose that might placate anyone I've upset over the past eleven years, but equally, it would be a shame to have to start again with the 'friends' on here.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web