View Single Post
Old 19-01-2021, 17:29   #1629
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Today Boris has announced that from 4am Monday morning our borders will be closed.

Way to late, I had to travel to UK on Friday 15th (all official, deliveries from Germany). Prior to entering Holland for the ferry I had to have had a Covid test, down your throat & up your nose. I also had to fill in a UK Gov locator form.

I drove through Holland to the ferry terminal, no checks. Offloaded at Harwich, my health papers weren't checked but they ripped the van apart. That done I drove into the heart of Saddiks plaguey London & dropped off.

I then headed across to Holyhead, getting there at dark O'Clock bound for the Emerald Isle & the heart of Paddy land Dublin, again no check of the "Demanded" health papers but the customs docs weren't in order due to Brexit, so no drivey to Bogland.

I then went home to my Dads house, stayed at his for near on 24hrs, then back to Harwich, guess what? No checking of health papers, got on the boat & went back to europe via the "Hook", passport & why are you here questions then I was sent on my way.

Now after reading that is it any wonder that plague & pestilence is rife, me & my "Ratty" ilk roaming freely across international borders.

Incidentally "I was Clean", the pokey sticks up the nose & down the throat gave up a negative result & was good for 72 hours. (not like that really makes any actual difference)