Thread: Bits & Bobs
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 17:19   #1381
Twenty Eight
Senior Member+

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Have you got access to all the clubs accounts because it will be interesting to see them all post Covid, don't forget also some have took advantage of the government grants, Barrow even had the nerve to put out of favour players back on furlough, Andy Holt says Stanley prudently run will lose £150000 to £ 200000 on top of around £80000 last season. Also a lot of clubs with large backroom staff made substantial redundancies possibly enabling them to continue to sack managers and pay over inflated wages, the price to be paid will ultimately be blamed on anything other than themselves.
Oh come on Andy you were one of the gloom and doom merchants throughout the early stages of covid and it was said then and I say it now. Not one club will go out of business due to covid. Not one player will be out of work because of covid it will be because they're not good enough. No players wages have reduced due to covid when out of contract in fact most if not all will be on a better deal.
If admin staff have been sacrificed they had too many in the first place.
Same for Managers coaches the lot.
So if Accy reckon we're down £230k where's the increase in squad numbers come from and the wages that go with it plus new contracts for all the Management ? Please don't ay they're on chump change.
Football is renowned for having "oh woe is me merchants" at all levels. I'm telling you now it isn't as bad overall as being portrayed and when eventually the money seeps down as it will, everybody including Mr Holt will be reasonably happy.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 22-02-2021 at 17:27.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web