Thread: Bits & Bobs
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 16:48   #1382
andyd
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Oh come on Andy you were one of the gloom and doom merchants throughout the early stages of covid and it was said then and I say it now. Not one club will go out of business due to covid. Not one player will be out of work because of covid it will be because they're not good enough. No players wages have reduced due to covid when out of contract in fact most if not all will be on a better deal.
If admin staff have been sacrificed they had too many in the first place.
Same for Managers coaches the lot.
So if Accy reckon we're down £230k where's the increase in squad numbers come from and the wages that go with it plus new contracts for all the Management ? Please don't ay they're on chump change.
Football is renowned for having "oh woe is me merchants" at all levels. I'm telling you now it isn't as bad overall as being portrayed and when eventually the money seeps down as it will, everybody including Mr Holt will be reasonably happy.
I'm not a doom and gloom man I say and pass things on to be read on this forum including about fans back in stadiums, I would have loved to have been back in full stadiums back in September when I believe you forecast we would be, a few " pilot " games going to be allowed in April wether Stanley are part of this or not maybe you could enlighten us, and again if you think that there won't be a price to pay well that's your opinion, wether clubs were overstaffed or not it was someone's livleyhood. Footballers especially at the very top are a privalaged bunch some of them not their fault on vast amounts of money at the other end of course some will lose out it's always the case.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote