View Single Post
Old 27-02-2021, 19:43   #62
StanleyJosh
Full Member+

Re: Fleetwood away thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Josh !.. you know that I am never sarcastic!.. given to veiled cynicism now and again maybe, so yes you're correct and didn't spot the least smidgeon of sarcasm in my post .
However,reading other posts I do not seem to be alone in thinking that Stanley's current midfielders are not the best, or performing to a degree where there is the Zest and thrust emanating from that area of play which ensures our pair of strikers time and opportunity to score the goals which will win games. I'm certain that the Manager knows this also and some of his work in progress will be devoted to improving these deficiencies.
As to our striking duo,and I'm probably wrong in thinking this. It is apparent more often as the season progresses, that they are both in need of a period of R and R ... I think others have noticed this using the terms 'jaded' and 'tired. However, in the absence of replacements to form a rotation of forward players then I guess that they will have to soldier on regardless and score when and wherever the odd chance comes their way !.
It goes without saying that I take some satisfaction from our current league position and maintain the pride I have always held for the team which I have followed and supported for so long.
So if I do have a gripe now and again, it does I hope never appear to be sarcastic in any way !..KEEP THE FAITH !

ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
You have a way with words good Sir, that sums everything up so eloquently.