View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 13:17   #31
Div3North
Senior Member+

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League; Game 1 v Wycombe Wanderers (away)

kk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Nige Sets The Pace as The Cock-Eyed Suffer

Well that was a great way to start, wasn't it? Fancy forgetting to enter your own competition on the opening day - and things didn't go as well as they might have in Wycombe, either.

But some people got what they wanted - sort of ......

and one point is what you got, Kiwi

For those not in the know, this references Bishop Desmond Tutu, South African anti-apartheid and civil rights activist. LongLost is therefore predicting a two-all draw (2-2, see ). By mathematically doubtful extension, Div3North has determined a half-Desmond is 1-1 .... we do usually allow such frivolities, but may resort to VAR if appropriate.

Preliminaries over, just 4 of you jumped ship on day 1 to the extent of forecasting black defeat, and unfortunately you were right . Only Nige B hit the spot exactly, his 2-1 prediction getting him 5 points, 3 for the right outcome (us losing), 1 bonus point for "Wycombe 1" and another bonus point for "Stanley 1". That's how it works, OK? The other cynics all got 4 - Shurm and StanleyJosh both getting their bonus from Wycombe's 2, and Taypot from Stanley's 1. And roughly half of the rest of you started off with a single bonus point one way or the other.

I don't publish a table until about four games into the season, because it becomes harder to add new players once the table exists, and hopefully there'll be some more joining over the next few games (me, for one ). And something else that helps me and reduces the chances of cock-ups is if you make your forecasts with Stanley's score first, whether we're at home or away. Pretty please?

So off we go to Rotherham for a little Caraboa diversion (our prediction league only includes the 46 EFL fixtures, not any cups or playoff games) before we welcome Cambridge for a good whamming next Saturday. Things can only get better .....

On Stanley On!!
If you hadn't been watching the flipping underwater tiddlywinks from Tokyo, you might have remembered ............. AND I texted you at 2.30 to remind you!

Doh!

Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web