View Single Post
Old 15-08-2021, 10:31   #28
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League; Game 2 v Cambridge United (home)

Leaders Lead and Followers Follow

Cambridge's 79th minute goal gave me an extra Prediction League point, but my nerves could well have done without it ......

Enough about me, though. The four sceptics who correctly predicted our loss to the Chairboys rejoined the good guys this week to get it right again, though none of them picked up a maxi this time. Nige B continues to lead our table with 9 points, Shurm and Taypot have 8 and StanleyJosh 7.

This week's sceptics were Ange B and Stevie R, each going for a 1-1 draw and picking up 1 point as a result - enough to keep them ahead of this week's "missing in action" DaveinGermany and Tommy McQueen, who now hold up the table with their 0 from last week's 1.

Stevie R was one of four seasonal newbies, along with me, Monkey Hanger and Ossy Kid. The three of us and most of the rest of you picked up 4 points , a handful having to be content with 3 , but this week's heroes were AccyMad, Choirboy, Lord Stiffupperlip, Mab and Watchdog, who all landed maxis . Of these, only Choirboy picked up anything last week, so he stands as "best of the rest" with 6 points in 5th place.

So, having found a winning formula , it's roll on Donny on Tuesday to see if we can start to put a little run together . They've haven't had a great start, which of course means absolutely nothing at this stage .....

On Stanley On!!