View Single Post
Old 26-08-2021, 12:27   #37
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: something wrong.

[QUOTE=taddy;1256906]
Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I think that I may have to bore some Accy Webbers with "tales from my Allotment" or even articles about my coin collecting hobby. Yours, still the Luddite.[

Ok, here goes, I will be going onto my allotment this afternoon just to tidy up and add compost/manure where needed. It has been a good year; over half a hundred weight of three variety's of potatoes,two hundred Onions, ten pounds of Strawberries, fourteen pounds of Blackcurrants, sixty plus Apples,60 plus sticks of Rhubarb, four pounds of "shelled Peas, Three pounds of Green Beans, they are really( French) Beans but I don't like using the word, over two hundred Plum Tomatoes, Thirty Garlic bulbs and just to finish off I still have twenty Brussel Sprout plants to harvest in a couple of months.

I think thats enough to bore all Accy Webbers for a while, Stay safe, Stay happy, Your's, the Luddite.
No, Taddy...that does not bore me....that you have had such a wonderful growing season and been able to ensure that your family has a plentiful supply of a variety of fresh, wholesome homegrown produce....that has added nothing to the air miles that this food stuff usually generates is to be applauded.
When does your fruit and veg stall open on the market?
We only have one stall selling this kind of stuff...it could do with some competition.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote