View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 11:10   #22
landhusweg

Re: A Modern Day Take On Getting Old.

I'm a big believer in keeping up with every sort of modern communications. I spotted this when the first IBM-computers came onto the market in the late seventies. I saw then when the firm that I was working for fitted out the whole firm with IBM-computers (todays mobile phones can do almost the same thing), that it would be a case of keeping up with the times, or get left behind! Without regret, I chose the first option, so much so, that at the age of 47 I also passed my Electronic Engineers exam. The electronics industry played an immense role in today’s household appliances, as well as in communications.
My communication today with family members is as follows:
- Skype (now and again use Zoom) with my daughter in Australia 2x per week, great seeing our Grandson growing up!
- E-Mail and telephone with my brother in the UK. He is 82 now and not with this Skype business as he puts it!
- Telephone every Christmas with a couple of cousins in the UK.
- WhatsApp with a group of friends (all between 65 and 80) when we go walking every Monday afternoon for a couple of hours or so. I have these in a group, so that when the walk is organised, with the press of a button everybody is informed on where we are going and where and at what time we meet. This saves me answering the phone from someone asking “Where and what time did we say last Monday?).
Cheers
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote