View Single Post
Old 24-10-2021, 06:12   #1
dotti34

Have you ever had a scary moment?

This thread could be very entertaining or it might go down like a lead balloon. Hope it’s the former and so here goes. A bit of light entertainment. Have any of you had a frightening experience, whether truly scary or in the end not? Let’s hear some stories that will make us shiver – or on the other hand make us laugh. I’ll start off with an experience my sister had.

My sister was in the Land Army and for a while lived on a farm in Ipswich. One night she went to the local movie theatre and watched a very scary movie called The Red Barn. Although the film had scared her a bit and she was on her own on that fairly dark night, she was a down-to-earth person and decided to take a short cut through some fields back to the farm. Walking alongside a hedgerow of trees and bushes she thought she heard something, so she stopped – nothing. Then she started to walk again and there was definitely someone or something on the other side of the hedge, so she stopped again – and again silence. This happened a few times and by then to say she was getting scared is an understatement. She was terrified. .

She knew there was a gap in the hedge further along and her mind was playing havoc as to what she was going to encounter. On reaching the space she could just make out two big eyes staring at her through the darkness – but as a gentle ‘moo’ came out of the mouth of the ‘creature’ she realised that the only thing that had been following her was a cow.

Now over to you…..
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web