View Single Post
Old 30-10-2021, 07:15   #7
dotti34

Re: Have you ever had a scary moment?

Yes. some things are scary and some spooky, often unexplainable. Here’s one little story that fits in the latter category, the unexplainable. Years ago my husband’s work sometimes took him into the outback. Much of the work was on Aboriginal missions and he would often buy small carved wooden animals to bring home.

On the day he was due home from one such trip I was walking through the loungeroom when suddenly one of these animals ‘flew’ off the shelf just as I walked past, and landed on the floor. I kid you not. I had not knocked the shelf or the animal – and even if I had have done this would not have caused the carving to move at all, it was a solid object.

I looked at the time and it was 1 pm. It made me feel a bit jumpy and I started to worry about Keith and his offsider driving back home along some very rough roads. This was before mobile phones so I could do nothing more than wait.

Hours later he arrived home. He was driving a Utility, a very strong vehicle, with a bull-bar attached, a very badly damaged bull-bar. I pointed to it and he said that a huge kangaroo had come bounding out from the side of the road and smashed into the ute, the impact (even with the bull bar there) was shocking and he didn’t know how they had managed to keep upright or even stay on the road. He was still feeling a bit shook up about it. The poor kangaroo had been killed instantly.

I said ‘I bet that was at 1 o’clock’ and he looked at me dumbfounded and asked how had I known. It had been exactly at the time that little animal had flown off the shelf…..

Last edited by dotti34; 30-10-2021 at 07:18.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote