Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2021, 09:53   #2306
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Corona Virus

I got a 'phone call the other day from a young man saying he represented my doctors surgery.
Unfortunately for him he rang at just the wrong moment.

I hate cold calling and now my doctor is doing it!

It's like this you see, I smoke, yes, I know it isn't good for me but I am addicted and will be for the rest of my life, anyhow I had just left the warm comfort of the pub to go to the smoking area and was cursing the smoking ban once more when my mobile rang.

'Hello, I'm ringing on behalf of your doctors surgery' said this cheerful youth, 'I see from your records you smoke, would you like to give up?' I didn't question the fact that my doctor seems to have broken confidentiality by allowing this lad access to my files, I was wet and cold and wanted to end this call quickly.

My reply was a sharp, 'no'.
He then went on to tell me (what I already know) that smoking increases my chances of cancer and it would be best etc.
I cut him short, 'but I'm not going to die of cancer'.
HE 'how do you know?.
'well', I replied 'I may get cancer, in which case I will no doubt be sent to hospital, there according to statistics I have more chance of catching covid, if I then die within 30 days of a positive test I won't have died of cancer but I'll have died of a covid related disease, so thank you, but, no thank you, I don't want to give up smoking there is no point' .
Less is offline   Reply With Quote