View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 03:33   #10
dotti34

Re: Repetitive Strain Injuries

This is a little bit different but is in a similar vein and on the subject of such things as speech recognition. After my 11-year-old granddaughter had taught me how to have the computer read back to me what I had written (if you are ever stuck on anything regarding technology ask a child), I searched a bit more and found out how to dictate to it and to my iPad. Ok, so I’m old and not as quick on the uptake as I once might have been or I would have known all about this ages ago. While It is still a novelty to me I have been dictating my emails rather than typing them myself. Bit of fun. However, I’m not sure whether it is worthwhile doing this as I have to read the words carefully while dictating because some of the words are so misinterpreted that they are extremely funny, make no sense whatsoever.

For instance, hilarious always comes out as Alario‘s. Who or what is Alario’s I have absolutely no idea. It looks like that even after living in Australia a little over 64 years my Lancashire accent is more prevalent than I had realised, hence the misinterpretation. When I tell you that the words I just dictated of ‘my Lancashire accent is more prevalent’ it came out as ‘my Lancs accident is my petrol’ you will get what I mean. …on one occasion ‘have to wear masks’ came out as ‘after her mouse’ and, by the way, my lawns are going to be cooked instead of cut.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote