View Single Post
Old 27-02-2022, 11:24   #26
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League Game 36; v Wycombe Wanderers (home)

From Your Much Happier Correspondent ...

"Three Two To The Stan-er-ley" .....

As I'm one of the 7 who voted against us this week , against 14 in favour and 4 on the fence, I'm claiming successful reverse psychology rather than faithlessness on this occasion . The majority of our Top Ten got it right, and an absence of maxis meant movement up there was limited, although 4 points for Mike A and Stevie R meant they closed in on the 3 3-pointers in front of them, and snuck ahead of Nige B on countback, leaving Mike 3rd and Stevie 4th. Shurm still 2nd, 2 points clear of these three, and 1 adrift of Cashman, who keeps on keeping on on top of the heap .

Tommy McQueen took advantage of the top tenners who didn't get it right , climbing from 12th to 9th over the backs of AccyTom18, Lord Stiffy and Valairian, but not quite catching Taypot. He was still down from 6th to 8th, with Kiwi John and Monkey Hanger sliding by.

Lower down the table, Oszy United's coordinated move was noteworthy, the Kid and Outback climbing together from 20th/21st to to 17th/18th.

So .. eight games unbeaten at home , five without a win away , and we roll on in my direction next Saturday. Pompey have been on a good run , but dropped points to Fleetwood yesterday , despite winning the last 46 minutes 3-0 . We've quite often annoyed them down here, continued bragging rights over my butcher would be nice ......

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc 220226 - 26 Feb 22.doc (76.0 KB, 6 views)