View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 17:53   #28
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League Game 42; v Fleetwood Town (away)

Returning Shurm Returns to Top Spot with Maxi

And as it turns out , we didn't need the points today to lay my lingering doubts, as the Shrimps and Gills both fell short of their requirements to catch us anyway . But after his unexplained absence on Tuesday Shurm certainly did need points , and he took the lot and first place back with a maxi. Best placed of the other maxi winners was Ange B, jumping from 9th to 6th to close the household bragging rights gap to just two points . Also taking five and (mostly) making progress were Choirboy (16th to 14th), Mab (21st to 17th), DaveinGermany (24= to 23rd) and Leylandii (26th to, um, 26th ). But of these 4 only Choirboy remains in with a mathematical chance, sitting 19 points off the pace with 20 still available, alongside Lord Stiffy.

6 maxis then, another 6 of us scoring 4 thanks to a single bonus point, and just StanleyJosh picking up the bare 3 . For the drawmongers and pessimists, points were hard to come by with only AccyTom18, Lord Stiffy, Outback Ozzy and Watchdog managing a consolation bonus .

Refocusing on the top of the table, Shurm is now a single point clear of Stevie R (4 today) with Mike A (also 4) back on the podium in 3rd, 4 points further adrift. Pointless Nige B and Monkey Hanger were the notable losers, sliding from 3rd and 4th to 4th and 7th respectively. Also pointless , Taypot and Valairian were also pushed down a place by Ange's surge up the list. And Kiwi John's 4 points were enough to steal the last place at top table from the absent Tommy McQueen.

So, happy Saturday , and roll on the Brewers on Good Friday. Good for who I wonder? We're looking for revenge for one of our early season nightmares here - but will we get it? Oh I do hope so ....

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc 2200409 - 9 Apr 22.doc (76.0 KB, 13 views)