View Single Post
Old 19-04-2022, 08:58   #24
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League Game 44; v Bolton Wanderers (away)

Shurm Goes Missing and Stevie R Steps In

The Top Ten are the same Ten, but shuffled, Kiwi John's lone maxi taking him up from 10th to 8th and meaning Valairian's lone 3-pointer saw him drop from 9th to 10th. The remaining turncoats all picked up 4 points , with Taypot climbing from 8th to 6th, Nige B restoring household bragging rights on his way from 5th to 3rd, and Stevie R taking full advantage of Shurm's absence from the field of play to take a 3 point lead at the top of the heap. The last 4-pointer was StanleyJosh who edged to the borders of fame by securing 11th spot, up from 13th.

So 6 jumped the fence , against 7 sitting on it and 8 remaining loyal . And it was mostly the drawmongers who picked up a bonus point, all thanks to Stanley's equaliser. This bunch included the rest of the elite with the exception of Monkey Hanger, who joined Shurm in the untracked desert of invisibility , and dropped from 7th to 9th in consequence.

So we have Stevie R 3 points clear of Shurm at the top (89 plays 86), with Nige in the final podium place a further point behind. Mike A is now best of the rest on 83, with Ange B (83), Taypot (82) and Cashman (81) making up the Magnificent Seven who could still (mathematically) lift the crown after the last two games.

There were no changes anywhere below 13th place, though if Ossy Kid had been working in British Summer Time he would have moved up one. I was minded to allow his late entry in a spirit of end-of-season generosity , until I realised it was me he would be overtaking .

We've got to the point in the season where I offer the paranoid the option of submitting entries in secret to prevent the competition marking them out of the game , so PM me if you're feeling vulnerable to espionage. I'll publish anything received this way sometime after kick-off ....

And so it's roll on the Imps for the last home game of the season. Will a goal fest send you home rejoicing , or will "shots" continue to vastly outweigh "shots on goal" ? Will we gain another double ? Will our leaders all remember to play ? Is there intelligent life in the cosmos? Is there intelligent life on AccyWeb? Am I finally cracking up after 12 years doing this?

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc 2200418 - 18 Apr 22.doc (76.5 KB, 9 views)