Thread: The n.h.s.
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 22:01   #46
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: The n.h.s.

And yet another example of the North/South divide.

A child has to wait for an ambulance for an excessive amount of time and the parents are told to get her to hospital themselves, and according to reports very risky moving a child with these kind of injuries without professional guidance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-61419420

It's been plastered over the news, radio and various vacuous Jeremy Vine/Loose Women type media today as though it's a sudden occurrence....many cries, much amazement and 'Oh Good Grief the ambulance service is at breaking point'

Whilst I have sympathy for the family in question, I have zero respect for the reporting media...I got news for these people...

This has been happening for the last 18 months 'Oop that there North place' with zero comments, hand wringing, scourging or sackcloth and ashes from a media that supposedly represents the 'whole' country...

But hey...we aren't the metropolitan elite of Hertfordshire so our warnings and cries for help have been ignored, as usual.

Our ambulances have been stuck at A&E waiting to drop off casualties, because of the 'I cant see my GP so I came here with my wart brigade' or worse still have attended a fatal heart attack in 12 minutes only to have to wait for a further 180 minutes for the police to turn up take photos of the body...

How outdated is this??....Surely we could give paramedics a 3 hour course on how to take photos on their mobile phones of an 86 year old heart attack victim and how to distinguish the probability of possible foul play! Especially when the police invariably ask the paramedics opinion on cause of death for their tick box forms.

Then again the police may actually have to do 'policing' like solving crime, dealing with burglaries and anti social behaviour instead of sitting at the end of a phone giving you incident numbers or offering refreshments and dancing with eco-terrorists.