View Single Post
Old 14-05-2022, 11:26   #1
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Our Nanny State Is At It Again!

I have mentioned before that I enjoy a flutter on the horses, never a day goes by without me pitting my wits and cash against the bookies. It a hard task the bookies do tend to make winning just a touch difficult, despite this by carefully choosing the steeds I back I usually make a small profit.

I've been doing My betting online and through my 'phones app for over 10 years now (long before the gambling aware nonsense appeared on the scene) and like the majority of my fellow punters manage to steer clear of debt.

I will never be rich betting the way I do, but, the satisfaction and enjoyment gained from watching a race and occasionally seeing your horse come in more than makes up for it.

The thing is, just over a week ago I noticed the company I bet with has now started a running total of how much I'm either up or down for the month, fair enough it's nice to see an instant display of how I'm doing, not to curb my gambling but to keep me on track so that my cash goes on the right horses.

Yesterday, they added a new total, net total of all deposits and withdrawals.

I looked at it at first with horror, gosh have I spent that much?

Hang on though as said at the beginning I've been doing online betting for over 10 years, so if during that time I had saved the cash instead I could possibly have bought a very small very second hand car, what a fool I've been!

Well, no, instead of the car I have had many hours of enjoyment looking at the horses and deciding what to back, many more hours of enjoyment watching the races often in the company of fellow punters which leads to even more hours of enjoyment talking to these punters about a sport we love.
So Nanny, if you are listening, get off my back and stick your gambling aware busybody nose into someone else's business leave me to enjoy a good value punt without Making it seem like it's a sinful pleasure.

There is just one thing though, now I know how much the bookies have taken from me, I'm going to be even more astute with my betting and see if I can win it all back, thanks for the encouragement, Nanny.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web