Thread: Oh Deary Me.
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2022, 16:29   #2
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Oh Deary Me.

How very German of you!

Let me put this into pespective for you, I & a couple of other British lads like our German Beers, mainly from Breweries in the South of this vast land, so when we throw a little Soiree or invite the pheasantry round for Beer & Brattys, they can be assured of a quality & premium Beer / Beers. These philistine freeloaders will happily chuzzle down several "Hoibe", complementing & commenting upon its bouquet, subtle hopping & carefully balanced malt notes, usually accompanied by the comment "Nicht schlecht, schmeckt mi'". They then ask for another & where can they possibly purchase this fine "Helles", I or one of our cultured soiree throwers will then enlighten these knowlessmen.

But upon hearing the price can be anything upwards of €20,00 per case (20 x 0.5ltr) the scuzzbags start spluttering & blustering about this criminal outrage, when they can go get a case of 24 x 0.33 Veltins, Krommy or (gawd forbid & strike them down where they stand!) Ött(m)inger pils for €15,00 & below when on offer.

So, put plainly Tadmeister, quality costs & your wanton disregard for the old "Gobby" & carelessly discarding it for this cheap imitation, has put you, on the first step of the flight of cellar stairs heading down to abomination & damnation, not unlike those Germing knowlessmen I mentioned above.