View Single Post
Old 30-07-2022, 21:55   #13
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley v Charlton 30-7-2022

Agree with Exile about the referee today. He was shocking! The amount of ‘Wrestling’ that he allowed some of Charlton’s players to get away with defied belief! He made the game very disjointed and basically spoiled it as a spectacle. IMHO there was no need for Charlton to play like that because in parts they looked a really good passing team. Their left winger player number 23 fairly gave Mitch Clark a hard time in the first half.
I was glad that the lad got less ball in the second half which allowed Clark to get forward much more and play in some excellent crosses from the right. Like others have said, I also thought that we did much better in the second half and that we did just enough to deserve victory. Charlton’s second goal was the first time that Jensen didn’t come off his line to try to catch or punch. But WOW! When we equalized it actually felt like a victory. Thought that Harvey Rodgers did really well as he was being wrestled by Stockley in the first half but Harvey played him out of the game in the second half.
I hope that the refereeing improves as I thought that some of the worst had retired in the summer.
Going to be a hard season in my view but we showed a great battling mentality to earn a well earned point.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote