View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 10:05   #53
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Worst TV commercials...

Just had to resurrect this thread.
I do not watch much TV, but I was doing a bit of dusting.
Himself was watching Jeremy Vine program(shudder) and during one of the ad breaks there was an advert for some sort of Birds Eye fake chicken.
It was a cartoon….mother and daughter(of coloured persuasion) sat among a naturfied scene.
The child was asking ‘Mummy do we eatChicken’ went onto say they had some plant based chicken type food (‘it was yummy’)and why did her mum not cook things like this…..then this smart ar$e kid went on to ask if it was because her mother was afraid of change….that if no one liked it then it would be remembered as the day mum cooked…..yeuk, well I do not know who thought up this psychological nudge…but if anything would put me off plant based food that was masquerading as Chicken….this would be it

And I know I have mentioned it before…but the adverts that are by the Vegetarian Butcher…..hello that would be a greengrocer then.

How much chemical crap goes into these substitutes to make somebody think they are eating chicken would be the question I would ask.

On another topic altogether.
I also caught an advert for a Sure deodorant/antiperspirant that is effective for 72 hours.
So please will someone tell me…..those who use this stuff….do they not wash their pits and their bits every day? Eewwww. nasty!

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 03-08-2022 at 10:08.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote