View Single Post
Old 21-09-2022, 08:40   #20
Restless
Senior Member+

Re: Starmer and raynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes Rob…we have come quite a way. I don’t think he was ‘on point’ either.

All he could see was that it should be legalised so that anyone could use it as a recreational drug…he did not believe or accept that it had the potential to cause mental health issues….or at least that is my recollection of the posts from back then.

And medicinal CBD is a different thing altogether….none of the psychoactive properties of the Weed that Kestrel promoted.
None of the THC that created the highs that users of weed experienced.
There is a fine line between mental health and drugs. I don't think there is conclusive evidence to suggest that is true. Those I have known that has mental health issues that was also a drug user (not just weed in some cases) including myself had some underlying issues to begin with.

However, I have to wonder just how much damage to minds has been done by smoking the resin form of cannabis (hashish) That has been found to contain all kinds of crap, Plastic, rubber, beeswax, faeces .... Now that is a different story altogether. Nothing good can come from smoking plastic.

"On point" maybe not the best combination of words to describe the arguments put forward but Cannabis has been demonised by the media, yet alcohol is legal which is in many cases still causes major problems.

Also, the guy was under personal attack at the time by a forum member bringing up things that didn't need to be brought up.