Thread: Gary Lineker.
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 06:37   #1
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Gary Lineker.

What do you think about the Gary Lineker thing?
Or shouldn’t I ask seeing as I know less than nothing about football.
Except this is not about football.
It is about illegal migrants coming across the channel to be accommodated here.
And it is about the comments that were made by Lineker on his Twitter account.

His Twitter account is his business and he is of course entitled to his opinion.
But does it not strike you that his comments are not just political,,,but are hypocritical virtue signalling??
Yes…you can tell me that he took in one of the refugees, but again the cynic in me thinks this was to raise his profile and to virtue signal.

Lineker calls these illegal migrants poor souls’. He does not see them as a security threat in spite of the fact that many of these boats are loaded with young men.
Nor does he see them as economic migrants…which many of them are

He infers that they are leaving countries of persecution….so France is not a safe place then?
That is where these illegal migrant are setting off from.

Might this have something to do with the fact that while France is safe, it does not offer these,mainly men, food lodgings and a small sum of money each week?

Gary Lineker thinks it is OK for criminal gangs to traffic these migrants.
This is the same Gary Lineker that went to Qatar during the world cup(swelling his already mighty fortunes) in spite of Qatar having terrible human rights injustices.
Did he bleat about that while he was there?

I wonder what might have happened to him if he had taken up the human rights of the poor souls over in Qatar…or if he had likened their government to North Korea.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-03-2023 at 06:39.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web