View Single Post
Old 17-06-2005, 10:14   #38
lettie
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Singapore to home...

On our last day in Singapore our priority was to try to pick up a few bargains so we decided to have a shopping day. It was hot and sunny in the morning so after a couple of hours around the pool off we went, to hit the shops for a bit of retail therapy.

There isn't anything you can't buy here. Sparky got a couple of great bargains on photographic equipment. The main shopping area Orchard Rd is a long, spotlessly clean, tree lined people watchers paradise. With wide pavements and plenty of food and drink establishments it's retail heaven. Huge department stores boast Cartier, Tiffany, Dior and lots of other big names. Designer clothes are not much cheaper than in the UK, I bought a handbag which worked out just a couple of quid cheaper than here. I think that the Far East's reputation for designer bargains is not all it's cracked up to be. I found prices in Singapore to be greater than those in Bangkok or Hong Kong, but it is a lovely place.

We also paid a visit to Clarke Quay and Riverside Point. This entire area is given over to eateries and shops and has been vastly renovated. It's a colourful array of buildings on the river bank which has a lively carnival atmosphere and dozens of good restaurants. In other words.......My kind of place.

All too soon it was time to leave Singapore and come home. I would say that we were p***ed off to be coming home, but that is a definite understatement. Here are my last pics of Singapore. The designer Ngee Ann Shopping Centre on Orchard Rd, with its lovely fountain look how clean it is, and the colourful Quays area...

Hope that you have enjoyed our travels...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ngee ann city.jpg (52.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg clarke quay.jpg (53.9 KB, 11 views)

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote