View Single Post
Old 27-06-2005, 09:12   #5
vorlon24
Senior Member+

Re: Serious Topic - Do Women Have More Rights Than Men?

I am sorry pixie, but no one 'earns' children. Just because you carried them for 9 months and went through labour to have them, then to say you 'earned' them as a result makes them sound like commodities.

If 2 people were to split up, I would expect the father to fight tooth and nail for custody of his children - I don't think the mother should have the absolute right to automatic custody of the children. In our situation though, we would probably work out an amicable solution; neither of us would want to put our kids through any more pain than is absolutely necessary (but I can't see us splitting up anyway!!!)

I think it is appalling though that unmarried fathers have no legal rights over their kids.

In the workplace women seem to get treated more favourably than men. In many offices, the men have to wear shirts, trousers, ties, etc. In the heat of summer, trousers and ties can be very uncomfortable. I am not saying that they should start wearing dresses, but women aren't required to be as formal. If they were, it would be the female equivalent of suits for them as well as us.

In one company where I worked, we were allowed to wear knee-length tailored shorts when the weather got very warm, and the rules on ties were also relaxed, but I don't know of any other company that did this (and I have worked for a few!).

Last edited by vorlon24; 27-06-2005 at 09:13.
vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote