Thread: Big brother...
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2006, 17:59   #88
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Big brother...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
He doesn't make me laugh because imitating a comedian, that's imitating another comedian isn't funny. We'll be getting people immitating pete next. It's put on, it's an act for the cameras, he shouldn't even be in there, it's an embarassment and does make big brother crap tv. Big brother is supposed to be about normal everyday people being in a house, not the most messed up in the head people. Out of all the ones I've seen so far this is by far the worst.
pete wants sectioning
Having Tourettes Syndrome isn't a sectionable illness. There are lots of people suffering from various kinds of mental illness, from depression to schizophrenia, and lots of them live worthwhile lives without the need for them to be incarcerated in mental hospitals.

As for playing up for the cameras, I mentioned earlier I was introduced to him in Brighton and he is as he appears on screen all the time, and I think copes admirably and with humour with what must be a very hard condition to live with.

As for BB being for normal people, it never has and never will be. You'd have to be fairly abnormal to want to spend up to three months in a house that was under the constant gaze of the cameras and the viewing millions at home.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote