View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 18:30   #38
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Jeanette Winterston - famous novelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
For God's sake calm down, you'll be having a stroke next!
Oh please Garinda, don't tempt me to remark on this statement

I think fair comment by Tealeaf, I still feel very hurt by her comments and, as he said, her memories of Accrington has afforded her the benefit of a good deal of wealth.

Lots of things don't ring true to me though, and I would like to know more.
i.e. Garinda, you talk about an exorcism .. don't know much about the Pentecostal Church, but could this not be just some sort of ceremony that is adopted by this religion ? Like Christenings and Confirmations, which always seem a little extreme to me. Not saying for sure, you understand, just asking.

Also, she talks about only a handful of books in the house .. well, we couldn't afford many in my house when I was little and read the ones that were there over and over again.

Also, she talks about having to go and sit in her outside loo to read same and yet her article is about snuggling under the bed sheets to read them.

She attended Accy High .. so did I .. lot earlier than Jeanette did of course, they had an excellent library and could take them out to read at home.

Dunno ? some anomalies here which have grabbed my attention and that's not bad, as all very interesting at the end of the day.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote