View Single Post
Old 23-08-2006, 12:43   #5
CusCus

Re: Were They Right To Object?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
True.. but they are allowed to refuse to go on themselves..

did you read jambuttys question all the way through? he said certainly not just because they where asians but because of there actions... so lets get off the asian point eh.

the above point is exactly the same as your first point... and your right.. but again the other passenders are allowed to do what they did and its up to the captain or whoever to decide what action to take..

Again you are not talking about the same thing jambutty is.

silly comment

Given the above post I would dissagree
As you've agreed with the principle point here that it should never be up to the passengers so there's no need to disagree on the rest.

I'm equally happy to drop the Asian point and concentrate purely on the actions of the individuals involved, but the nexus or the argument remains the same. (although last remark, I have no doubt that plenty of the concerns by the other passengers had their basis in ethnicity at best or racism at worst)

My last comment was certainly a little flippant, but based upon many years of global frequent flier miles and frequent meetings with airlines and airport authorities I don't think it's silly. I've seen some pretty awful things happen due to misunderstandings.

As I'm fairly new around here it's interesting to see my post being dissected so much, but not that well given the fundamental agreement

Anyway I'm off for lunch now so tatty bye, I'll no doubt encounter you again before long

PS just been looking at your website Kipax - Good work!
CusCus is offline   Reply With Quote