View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 19:36   #15
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Life’s Little Annoyances!

We war babies became experts on getting the last tiny morsel of something out of a jar. It took skill and patience.

Like you Brian I used to put a drop of hot water in the bottle but not when it was nearly empty but when there was about an inch of stuff in the bottom.

Then for more years than I care to remember, when the ketchup/sauce/salad cream got down to near the bottom I would stand the bottle upside down. It seems like my method has caught on because we can now buy upside down bottles of stuff.

And finally another drop of hot water and carefully stood the near empty bottle on a new bottle that had been used once or twice. This usually got the very last drop of sauce out of it.

You’re right katex the old tube could split especially in the mangle.

Incidentally Billcat our phrase is “scraping the barrel” meaning the same thing.

One other annoyance is when I following someone else with a supermarket trolley they stop and as I start to pass they set off again.