View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 10:10   #35
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Life’s Little Annoyances!

Bread!

Once upon a time bread was delivered to Asda in the bakery’s trays and these were stacked on a trolley and rolled into place. People would help themselves and were almost sure of picking a loaf that hadn’t been squeezed, although I have seen some people squeeze a loaf to see if it were fresh and then choose another one. A word to those people! The sticker on each loaf with the sell by and use by dates clearly displayed is a dead give away on how fresh the bread is.

Some time ago in its infernal wisdom Asda decided to get their shelf stockers to remove the bread from the bakery’s trays and ram the loaves onto a shelf. Thus handling each loaf and in doing so distorting its shape. Being fresh any squeeze at the loaf left it squeezed and that meant that the slices had an hourglass figure or were misshapen.

Yeh! I know! I’m a whinging old git but surely the customer is entitled to receive a loaf of bread in the same condition as it left the bakery?