Thread: Joke Of The Day
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2003, 18:21   #19
littlemo

Post Re: Joke Of The Day

Dear Son,
Just a few lines to let you know I'm still alive.  I'm writing this slowly because I know you can't read fast.  You wont know the house when you get home-we have moved.
About you're father - he as a lovely new job.  He has 500 men under him - he cuts grass at the cemetery.  There was a washing machine at the new house when we moved in but it hasn't been working to good.  Last week I put in 14 shirts, pulled the chain, and haven't seen the shirts since.
You're sister Mary had a baby this morning but I haven't found out whether it's a boy or girl, so I don't know if your an aunt or uncle.
Your Uncle Patrick drowned last week in a vat of whisky in the Dublin Brewery.
Some of his work mates tried to save him bought he fought them off bravely.
They cremated him and it took three days to put out the fire.
I went to the doctor on Thursday and your father went with me.  The doctor put a small tube in my mouth and told me not to talk for ten minutes.  Your father offered to buy it from him.
It only rained twice this week, first for three days then for four days.  Monday was so windy one of the chickens laid the same egg four times.  We had a letter from the undertaker. He said that if the last payment on your Grandmothers plot wasn't paid in seven days, up she comes.

Your Loving Mother
                                                         XXX
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote