View Single Post
Old 26-03-2007, 13:19   #14
entwisi
God Member

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I suspect Gondola is unable to reveal his/her true identity as it would probably jeopardise his/her job.

I can understand and appreciate that because there are times when using my real name has meant that I've been unable to say what I really think or spill the dirt on something. I suspect that there are many people in Scaitcliffe House who are also currently trying to find out who Gondola is.
I find it rather sad that individuals feel they can't say what they think for fear of reprisals. After all, isn't that exactly what we see as one of the main problems in the communist states?

The question that I would like to ask then is if gondola(or even yourself Gayle) disagrees with something such that you feel you can't write about it here or anywhere else in the public domain under your own identity what are you doing to protest about it? If it was a reasonably regular occurrance then I would be questioning why I was doing the job in the first place. Perhaps I have more scruples than some but I would find it impossible to keep my mouth shut for the sake of a wage packet.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote