View Single Post
Old 26-03-2007, 15:36   #21
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
All,

I think it is not my identity that is important, but the information I submit.

What a strange little thread this is. Wading through the otiose revelations submitted by "gondola" I am struck by the lack of any real meat to this story. So Councillor Jones took his eye of the ball for a moment and failed to disbar a potentially disloyal candidate from standing at an internal selection poll - none of us are perfect, a fact I feel sure Graham will agree applies as equally to himself as to others. As it happens no harm was done since, if I read the story correctly, the offending candidate was not successful.

I am a little puzzled by the motive behind this somewhat squalid attempt to paint Graham as either inept or deliberately disingenuous.

If, as I and other forum members suspect, "gondola" is an employee of HBC, then I would have thought that the time spent ferreting out and reporting on this non-story would have been better spent doing the job he or she is paid to do. That council employees appear to have little better to do with their time than indulge in pointless mud slinging should give us all cause for concern and is perhaps one of the main reasons why the borough is in such a complete and utter mess.

To be fair however, I do agree that the Taxi Licensing issue is something that could do with a pretty sharp bit of sorting out, if the council is not to loose the trust and respect of the vast majority of the electorate.