View Single Post
Old 26-03-2007, 17:12   #25
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post

I am not here to defend the Conservatives.
I am pleased to hear that. I cannot see any right thinking individual mounting much of a defence of such a pack of clowns.

If we are discussing recommendations for action, I would be happy to recommend that the whole council be held responsible for the lax and clearly partial way in which the Licensing Committee has operated. Why has the Idiot in Chief, who pretends to be so sensitive to the wishes of the electorate, not fallen upon the heads of the said committee in the manner of the proverbial ton of bricks? Why is Councillor Jones so silent upon the issue? Why are other Taxi Drivers not demonstrating their outrage at the decision to return the licence? Presumably they are all staunch adherants of Islam, and as such, one would naturally expect that they must be mortified at the prospect of being compelled to work with someone convicted of such a shameful offence.

But, of course, nothing will happen. Because HBC is institutionally incapable of self examination and pathologically immune to criticism.