View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 17:43   #74
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, Less...and we are all human and capable of making poor judgements.....and it matters not what the social standing of this family are......they are surely in a very lonely place at this moment......saying to themselves 'if only.....'

condemnation of their bad judgement doesn't help them..... and believe me thay will KNOW what millions of people are thinking......and that is that they are bad parents. They made a wrong call and we can all do that.
Strangely Margaret, we are fighting the same side here but from different view points, I have a very large amount of sympathy for the parents and what they are going through and no matter how much, 'there but for the grace of God go I you put forward', I still say that a party of nine adults and eight children that can't ensure that the children are always supervised is showing lack of judgment and care.

I will repeat that my main concern is that the child is returned safe and well.

but taking your child/children on holiday to a strange land and leaving him/her/them alone, is almost as bad as just giving your children a tenner and saying, "mummy is off on holiday look after yourself until I get back", that isn't tolerated and nor should just assuming they will be alright in a strange bedroom.

It is negligence and that is what has caused the problem in the first place.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote