View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 09:06   #119
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

Maybe they had expressed concern at leaving the children to go for a meal. Maybe the hotel staff had reassured them and told them that people do it all the time there and they would be OK. We just don't know. We weren't there. We don't know the circumstances which is why I don't think we should be too ready to pass judgement. My girls are 12 and 15. Last year we left them on the hotel computers whilst we went and did things - or we let them go up to their room alone whilst we stayed by the pool. They were both over 12 but were they safe? Were we negligent?

If it's wrong to leave a child under 12 alone how many parents take their 11 year olds to secondry school and collect them again at 3 o'clock? (or ten past) Does that mean the roads are safer than your own home? People make these sorts of decisions all the time. If an 11 year old is abducted on the way home from school would the parents be to blame?

On the news this morning it sounded like the police were now less hopeful of finding Maddie alive. I hope that they are wrong and that she is found safe.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote