View Single Post
Old 20-05-2007, 23:05   #333
garinda
Give, give, give member

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
thats my view. from your viewpoint you find this issue simple. thats your view. perhaps your goodself should accept the fact that everbody has an opiion and yes it may differ from yours. no need to go back to school then.oh and not everyone who goes to private school is wealthy. i think your confusing private school with public school. on that basis perhaps i ought to think that you suffered from attention deficit order at school

I'm not going to allow this thread to turn into an argument. I'm quite aware of the fact that private schools are called 'public schools' in this country, as I attended one myself, as did my father, and grandfather.

I think it's awfully nice of you to think that public schools, who are in the business of selling education, should receive the same charitable status and the benefical tax breaks that entails, as other children's charities Although I agree with private education in principle, I don't really classify public schools in the same bracket as the NSPCC, or children's hospices such as Darian House.

Public (private) schools are businesses. Charities which actually help children who are suffering, should be, and are, given the relevant tax advantages.

Simple. No hypocrisy, and I sincerely hope the money raised for Madeline McCann's fund benefits from the same tax rules in the future.

For God's sake, they aren't selling bloody ribbons to make a profit, it isn't a business. It's about raising awareness, and hopefully finding her safe and well.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote