Thread: Prom Specials
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2007, 20:26   #7
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Prom Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
There was an advert in last weeks Observer advertising prom specials. Cant remember where it was and dont have the paper anymore
I still have it scooby and seems to be the same as the one Grego mentioned.
Along with Pamper Parties for girls aged 5-15 years.. hair styled, nails painted and make up applied plus games, nibbles and chocolate fountain.

BTW cost for Prom Packages is £45 !! along with the dress they will never wear again ... grrrrh .. don't get me going. I am the world's worst for overspending on a night out and always thought the 6th form do at my son's school was lovely, however, 'Proms' .. American hype .. does it mean Promenade ? Puts lots of pressure on the parents .. leaving do's were whatever you wanted to wear and not so expensive, but this is now over indulgent glam !!

Looked at a certain newspaper in Virginia I had connections with at their latest Prom pictures .. the girls' dresses must have cost a fortune, and the tradition of having a partner seems to have extended to the partner having matching colour coded attire. Competition is rife. The whole town turns out to watch them parade into the high school .. sorry just don't get it ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote