View Single Post
Old 25-05-2007, 16:46   #4
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Why no more houses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
if there is a halt on newbuild planning then it can only be aa good thing. why erect those awful newbuilds- thats not the only option available to cater for the people on the waiting list. there is so much of so called low demand housing in accrington why dont they just refurbish these properties to a high standard instead of knocking them down. has anyone seen how awful Holland street looks now? it was a really pretty street before the coucil intervened with their clearence programme and there were no empty properties.. the council say those homes are unfit to live in but ive been in those homes before the clearence programme and they were normal clean decent houses. even now that street can be rescued from the council but instead they will replace it with a part concrete mess. enviromentally speaking its not good either.
Well gosh spinner, I agree with you, I used to live on Holland St, Unfortunately due to the clearance scheme I had to move on. I have been lucky in that I've only moved a few streets away and into a refurbished terrace house. Number 1 Holland St was worked on last year and the standard that was taken to was fantastic and yet even that has had the metal doors put on it. It was and could still be an excellent little street, just a shame that it is coming to an end.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote