View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 11:43   #42
Gayle
God Member

Re: Hyndburn to be axed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Lets face it Gayle - Hyndburn means nowt to any sensible person,but you have to be awkward,as usual.
Other people have objected to the name change but you've picked up on mine, as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
If "District" is not good enough, then what about a completely new name altogeather? What about Britcliffeton? Or Accrington and the USA ('Uther Side of Accrington). Anyway, if some of your labour friends would have had their way, Hyndburn would have disappeared a few years ago and we would now be "Blackburn with Darwin and Accy"

Given that Church occupies the geographic centre of Hynburn and is also the oldest recorded part of the borough, I personally think it should be renamed "Church, Districts and the Dosshole Ossy". That has a nice ring, don't you think?
Well as Church is clearly the centre of the universe, despite you living 300 miles south of it, I think you've got a point. Anyway, if people don't know where Hyndburn is surely that's not the fault of the people who live here - we know where we live - surely it's the fault of people who have gone to live elsewhere not spreading the word efficiently enough.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote