View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 18:05   #69
thindle

Angry Re: Hyndburn to be axed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I'm not arguing that it shouldn't have been called Hyndburn in the first place but the fact is that it is and I don't think it's a good idea to change it back to something that it was 30 years ago.

I understand the pride in Accrington (but remember we don't all come from Accrington and we're entitled to a bit of pride too) but the heritage of the town is not the only thing that we should be trading on. There are so many things wrong with the town at the moment and I don't think that a name change will cure it.
I NEVER wanted Hyndburn to start with But, we HAD to have it and I think it should stay. Are we really bothered that people South of Hyndburn don't know where it is. Do they know where Calder is and Pendle etc. I for one don't want just Accrington. and my town is not a District. It's Oswaldtwistle. I also used to live in a place that was the oldest, the most historic and now is the most deprived place. Church. I also came from Clayton le Moors. So NO i don't want Accrington and Districts If we can't have Church Oswaldtwistle Rishton Gt Harwood Altham etc All separate Then leave it as Hyndburn. and STOP MEDDLING.
thindle is offline   Reply With Quote