View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 17:13   #1
Caz
God Member

Post Exchange St Phone Kiosk

One of the forum members, Markinaccy, contacted BT about the problem with the phone box at the junction of Charter St And Exchange St.

He received this reply:

Sorry to hear about all the problems the kiosk seems to attract. This particular box is classed as a Universal Service Obligation kiosk as it is quite a distance to the next nearest boxes. This means that we could not remove it without a letter from a local councillor or MP, with proof that the householders in the streets around want it removed or resited.We will then send a siting officer around to check this box and the others nearby, if he agrees to its removal it will be at least 6 months before it is actually physically removed from the site. We have to put a 42 day notice in the kiosk and with the local council to advise about the proposed removal and to see if there is any objection. Only once this has passed can we arrange for the power to be disconnected and for the removal of the box.

In the meantime I have arranged for the bell to be muffled on the payphone, although this may take a few days. This means that you shouldn't be able to hear it unless you are actually inside the box. It wont stop people being noisy I'm afraid, but hopefully will solve part of the problem.

If you have any questions, please give me a ring.

Thanks

Mark Cullinane
Payphone Customer Services
0800 661610

Partial success at least! Well done Markinaccy!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web