View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 17:58   #214
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Hyndburn to be axed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Possibly, but as far as I'm aware, Castle Cement's been there for a long time. If you're looking to attract new business into an area, it pays to have a well-known name. At the moment, the borough is promoted as Hyndburn which means zilch to anyone outside East Lancs. I've already said that the other factors you mention are important, but, in my personal opinion, to have a known brand name could, in certain situations, give the borough the "edge".
As stated earlier, I think it is naive to think that the name of the borough has any bearing on anybody either relocating, or investing in the area. It just wouldn't enter into the equation.

I had the job of finding a location, and setting up a new part of the business, as part of a larger multi-million pound company.

The location was Glasgow. Again as stated earlier, the fact that we paid our business rates to Strathclyde Regional Council, didn't even come up. However what they had to offer us as a company, and how much they would charge us to trade there via business rates, did matter.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote