View Single Post
Old 15-06-2007, 18:06   #354
blazey
God Member

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Blazey, when someone you love dies, or disappears, you are devastated but you can't spend the rest of your life with a frown on your face and a tear in your eye. You go out into the world and smile, the tears are for private time. Life must go on, if only for the sake of other people, and sometimes it's quite acceptable to laugh even though your heart is breaking.

You must remember that this couple have 2 other small childen and they have to try to make life as normal as possible for them. I don't entirely agree with their way of going about publicising what has happened but I do understand their motivation. I'm quite sure they have not harmed their child, equally sure that life is now a nightmare for them, but would you have them do nothing but weep and tear their hair?
Life must go on but she hasnt been gone that long. My friend died in december and I've still caught my self crying in public because certain things have reminded me about it.
I just think they are acting very unreasonable to say their childs been gone over a month and suspected to be held by a ring of paedophiles.

And making life as normal as possible for two young children is going home and sleeping in the safety of their own house, not being lugged around the world on a publicity campaign.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote